Thursday, August 4, 2016

Adventure: Cafe Maji and Paper Crane



For the Paper crane concert, my friend and a recent new friend I made that day, drove up to LA. Making a pit stop around LA we decided to go to Cerritos and visit this little eatery called Cafe Maji. They offer a vast selection of food from savory to sweet. The cafe had adorable decor that kept to a center theme: an innocent child's bedroom. I have a deep appreciation to the attention of detail that they have put into the cafe. 



The menus were uniquely made from photo albums which I found very endearing and simplistic.




Next to the bathroom they had their own succulent arrangement in a wooden box. The bathroom was also a lovely place to take pictures but I'll spare the spam of photos.




The coffee and the strawberry waffle that we ordered (the waffle was topped with almonds and I had to avoid eating them due to my mild allergy so if you are allergic to nuts let them know!) 



      
The coffee I ordered was a Rose Affogato! It was served alongside a tiny cream puff. The coffee on the left is what my friend got which was a latte (of some sort). Overall this cafe was one of the most happiest experiences I've had with cute interior cafes and very meticulous when it came to detail. The receipts were even served on a calculator plate! I highly recommend checking this place out. It's worth checking out if you are a fan of themed cafes or for a picture on Instagram.

Later that day we made it to Club Los Globos to go to the Paper Crane concert. Which was honestly so fun and worth traveling from San Diego!! It was even better than I had hoped, the atmosphere and vibes people were giving was great. The event was held on the second floor. Although it was said that the event would be free to those who RSVP, despite RSVPing I still had to pay being under the age of 21. The sets where in a room with a bar(sprawled with paper cranes) and it felt very intimate. I got to see a high school friend who was one of the DJs, Naisu and got to see him play b2b with another DJ, Madnap *heart eye emoji* Along with that we got to see other very talented artists play! 

Overall the event was brilliant and despite being out of my scene (the sad indie/punk fad) it was fun dancing and grooving. Thanks for reading!
















No comments:

Post a Comment